Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sad Realization

I'm in a class right now that I don't have to teach, I only have to supervise them. It is my yearbook class and it is supposed to be student led and run. It is their job to put together our school yearbook with my supervision. I just caught myself sitting at my desk looking out over the class. This is what I saw: 1. several students working hard on the computers to put together their yearbook pages, 2. A couple of kids doing some homework while they wait for a free computer, 3. A good number of them sitting around socializing and hanging out because their pages are done, 4. Most of these students know nothing of Jesus Christ and Him crucified for our sins. This is not the saddest thing that I see. The saddest part of what is before my eyes is that I know the best news these kids can ever hear and the law says that I am not allowed to share it with them.

2 comments:

teampischke said...

thanks for sharing your heart. I just prayed for them AND for you!

Sherry said...

I pray that you will be a light for Jesus, and those kids will ask you about Him.