Sunday, April 5, 2009

Worldliness


Recently I was reading through a book edited by C.J. Mahaney titled Worldliness. This quote jumped out at me. I pray that it convicts you as it did me.

“Are the lines between Christian and worldly conduct blurry in your mind – and more importantly, in your life? To put it another way, is your lifestyle obviously different from that of the non-Christian? Imagine I take a blind test in which my task is to identify the genuine follower of Jesus Christ. My choices are an unregenerate individual and you. I’m given two reports detailing conversations, Internet activity, manner of dress, iPod playlists, television habits, hobbies, leisure time, financial transactions, thoughts, passions, and dreams. The question is: Would I be able to tell you apart? Would I discern a difference between you and your unconverted neighbor, coworker, classmate, or friend?” (Mahaney, C.J. Worldliness 2008 pg. 23, 24)

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I really enjoyed the Sunday School class you taught Sunday. You are a wonderful teacher.
Love Mom