Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Climbing part 2

How could I possibly forget to add this little shot of my boy climbing up our slide?

For those of you unfamiliar with our backyard; we have a pretty steep hill out past our yard. The people before us built a playhouse on the hill with a slide that comes down to the yard. The kids have to climb a brick wall to get to the playhouse and they love being up there. When I discovered that Brenton could climb the slide he was banned from that portion of the backyard. Recently I tried putting a chair in front of the slide so that he could play out there with his big brother and sisters without being in any danger of falling off the slide. However, with the slide blocked he decided to give the brick wall a try and I found him up on the porch of the playhouse. So...once again, he is banned from that portion of the backyard for now, until he's older and safer or I can be outside with him. Some say that "necessity is the mother of invention", in Brenton's case it's "curiosity is the mother of invention". He will figure it out given enough time. Again, keeping me on my toes and I'm surprised that I haven't been to the doctor or urgent care more often with him.

No comments: