Monday, January 12, 2009

A Nod To Acacia and My Wife

This past Saturday Acacia had some friends over to celebrate her fifth birthday. We are so thankful that God has blessed us with Acacia and we all had fun honoring her birth.

As for my wife: I am amazed at how much effort she puts in to celebrate the kid's birthday. For Acacia's party she put together a wonderful Luau theme. Below are some pictures of her effort. She might do a post of her own regarding the party and how much fun it was. But, I wanted to let everyone know that I love my wife for thousands of reasons, and one of the reasons is how much she loves our kids and puts creativity and effort as feet to that love.



Heather showing the kids how to do the Hula

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Heather is so creative. It looks wonderful. I'm sure Acacia had
a wonderful time.

jhisaac1 said...

A dozen kids trying to do the hula must have been hilarious.

Steve said...

What a wonderful breathe of summer in the middle of winter. Everyone looked so darling in their Hawaiian outfits. Wish we could of been there to hula with you.

Steve said...

This is Papa Steve, adding to the other Papa Steve comment, which was really Grandma Karen...Jason, we thank God for you constantly for many reasons, not the least of which being for the way you love your wife, our daughter, and love your children -- and for the fact that you openly show and share that love! Thanks, also, for being my ipod guru and blog geek, helping Karen and I to enter the 21st century with the technical skills to share the sights and sounds of our lives with others, especially our family. And Heather, thanks for the shots of Isabel and me in her classroom. That was so much fun. I can still feel her clutching my leg as we made music together for her classmates -- it was a bit of heaven, and the taste still lingers in my mouth.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those cupcakes are amazing. How funny that I just threw a party for Avery's 2nd birthday and it was a snow theme. Things are a little colder up here in the northwest.